Producers of “The Ellen DeGeneres Show” reportedly just held a “clear the air” talk with staffers, telling them that the show will go on.
Sources told Us Weekly that the call took place on Monday, and that DeGeneres herself participated in it, as did executive producers Andy Lassner, Mary Connelly and Derek Westervelt. During the call, producers reportedly addressed the claims of a toxic workplace environment that have been made by employees over the past few weeks. The producers also told the staffers that they wanted them to “have fun at work.”
“They said a lot of [the claims are] true and a lot of it is not true,” one source said. “They said we are handling everything [and] things will be very different now. … A show that brings so much happiness and fun, it should be a happy show to work on.”
During the meeting, employees “voiced some concerns,” while some of the producers “got called out about stuff that happened in the past.” Despite rumors of the program being cancelled, DeGeneres and her producers assured the staffers that “the show will go on.”
“The producers ultimately said you all still have a job here and you will all get paid, however that may be,” the source explained. “They said Ellen [DeGeneres] is not giving up and the show will go on. … That woman brings so much joy to people that it would break a lot of hearts to stop doing this show. It was a pep talk and made some staffers feel better.”
This comes after DeGeneres was accused of turning a blind eye to racism, intimidation, and sexual misconduct on the set of her show. She apologized in a memo sent to her staffers last week.
“On day one of our show, I told everyone in our first meeting that The Ellen DeGeneres Show would be a place of happiness – no one would ever raise their voice, and everyone would be treated with respect,” DeGeneres wrote. “Obviously, something changed, and I am disappointed to learn that this has not been the case. And for that, I am sorry.”
“We all have to be more mindful about the way our words and actions affect others, and I’m glad the issues at our show were brought to my attention,” she concluded.
MORE NEWS: Trump Moves on Puerto Rican Vote In Florida
This piece originally appeared in UpliftingToday.com and is used by permission.
Read more at UpliftingToday.com:
Former ‘Dancing With The Stars’ Winner Alfonso Ribeiro Slams Show For Firing Tom Bergeron
Ghislaine Maxwell Loved Taking Topless Photos Of Young Girls – Had Extreme Sex Toys, Ex-Butler Says
Prince Andrew Reportedly ‘Had Orgy With Underaged Girls,’ Ghislaine Maxwell Court Docs Allege
The opinions expressed by contributors and/or content partners are their own and do not necessarily reflect the views of Drew Berquist.