For decades, the Clintons have established themselves as a power couple within Washington. Even with the scandal that followed former President Bill Clinton, the couple was able to dodge the storm to become key players within the Democratic party. Or at least that was the plan until the 2016 Presidential election that was supposed to see Hillary become the first female president. But fate had other plans as numerous scandals, a federal investigation, and powerhouse Donald Trump stood in her way. And now, it appears the Clintons have made news yet again as a reporter famous for breaking the “tarmac story” has mysteriously died in an apparent “suicide”. 

At the height of the 2016 election, the Democrat’s superstar candidate was sinking fast as scandals surrounding Clinton using a private email server took the main stage. And if that wasn’t bad enough, journalist Christopher Sign exposed yet another bombshell when he witnessed Bill Clinton secretly meeting with Attorney General Loretta Lynch on a Phoenix tarmac. It just so happens that at the same time, Hillary Clinton was under a federal criminal investigation. 

With such a story in his hands, Sign went on to write a book surrounding the events of that night and expressed his beliefs of what might have been discussed.“It was a planned meeting. It was not a coincidence. [The book] details everything that they don’t want you to know and everything they think you forgot, but Bill Clinton was on that plane for 20 minutes and it wasn’t just about golf, grandkids, and Brexit. There’s so much that doesn’t add up. He then sat and waited in his car with the motorcade, her airstairs come down, most of her staff gets off, he then gets on as the Secret Service and FBI are figuring out ‘How in the world are we supposed to handle this? What are we supposed to do?’”

Life appeared to be going well for Sign and his family as he moved to a local ABC news station in Alabama around 2017. That was until Saturday when police responded to a shooting. “At 8:13 a.m. Saturday, the Hoover 911 center received a call of a person down at a residence on Scout Trace. Hoover police and fire personnel arrived to find the 45-year-old [Christopher] Sign dead. Hoover police Lt. Keith Czeskleba said the death is being investigated as a suicide.”

But while the police might be investigating it as a suicide, one can’t help but remember Sign’s haunting words last year with Fox News. He said, “My family received significant death threats shortly after breaking this story. Credit cards hacked. You know, my children, we have code words. We have secret code words that they know what to do.”